There are some risks associated with its products, services, and activities.
Digital, virtual, crypto currencies may be prohibited or restricted in your jurisdiction.
Since prices may be highly volatile, be careful and don't invest money which you cannot afford to lose.
Disclosure of material risks
1) Virtual currency is not legal tender, is not backed by the government, and accounts and value balances are not subject to goverment protections;
2) Legislative and regulatory changes or actions at the state, federal, or international level may adversely affect the use, transfer, exchange, and value of Virtual Currency;
3) Transactions in Virtual Currency are generally irreversible, and, accordingly, losses due to fraudulent or accidental transactions may not be recoverable;
4) Some Virtual Currency transactions shall be deemed to be made when recorded on a “block chain” ledger, which is not necessarily the date or time that the customer initiates the transaction;
5) The value of Virtual Currency is derived from the continued willingness of market participants to exchange Fiat Currency for Virtual Currency, which may result in the potential for permanent and total loss of value of a particular Virtual Currency should the market for that Virtual Currency disappear;
6) There is no assurance that a Person who accepts a Virtual Currency as payment today will continue to do so in the future;
7) The volatility and unpredictability of the price of Virtual Currency relative to Fiat Currency may result in significant loss or tax liability over a short period of time;
8) The nature of Virtual Currency may lead to an increased risk of fraud or cyber attack;
9) The nature of Virtual Currency means that any technological difficulties may prevent the access or use of a customer’s Virtual Currency.
All Mooncoin transactions are completely transparent which makes abusing it with any criminal purpose not viable.
If you need an ADVANCED level of privacy, you are not in the right place. Mooncoin is a blockchain-based decentralised environment which can be used with many legal purposes on a daily basis.
Know how to protect your coins
9 rules that are mandatory if you don't want to lose your coins:
#1 Don't forget to protect your computer against attacks (a firewall with proper settings is mandatory).
In order to use the wallet on your PC you must allow your wallet software to make connections through the firewall (Port: 44664). All other unknown connections should be blocked.
#2 Please delete mooncoin.conf, unless you really know what you are doing with RPC and ports on your computer.
#3 Encrypt your wallet using a strong and unique password! (16+ characters). This can be done from the Settings menu using the Encrypt Wallet function.
It's mandatory if you want to prevent a theft! Remember that if you lose or forget your password, you will lose your coins.
#4 Your wallet must be already encrypted with a strong password, BEFORE you generate a new address to transfer coins to it.
#5 Only backup encrypted wallets.
#6 Close your Mooncoin client before making backup (copying your wallet.dat to an external hard drive or USB device).
#7 Make backups after receiving large quantities of coins. The wallet must be encrypted BEFORE making backups.
#8 Don't keep large quantities of coins in web wallets or at exchanges.
#9 If you keep your coins at exchanges (Novaexchange.com, Bleutrade.com), use Two-Factor Authentication!
Please read these articles to find out more information: Backing and securing your wallet.
Mooncoin.com is not affiliated with any business, services, exchanges, pools, neither is exchanging nor controlling any currency.